Interested in working on projects for fantastic organisations making the world a better place?
We're looking for an experienced web developer to join the team at Manta Ray in Shoreditch, London. You'll be taking the lead on building content and data-rich websites for our lovely, interesting clients in the UK, Europe, Africa and the US; organisations like the World Health Organisation, the Bill &Melinda Gates Foundation, and the Global Fund. We're looking for someone who enjoys working in a multi-disciplinary team environment to help solve complex problems.
As one of the senior members of the team you will work on complex and custom functionality using Drupal and other web technologies. With a broad range of experience you should be able to contribute to and support the wider development team.
- Good understanding of Drupal architecture, experience with Drupal 8 and/or Symfony
- Working with custom themes, Twig and Bootstrap (or any other flex-based framework)
- Ability to write custom Drupal modules, understanding of hooks, services and dependency injection
- Comfortable with use of Composer and Node.js, Drush and/or Drupal Console
- Working knowledge of Git
- Solid understanding of programming principles and design patterns
- ECMAScript 6+
- Basic linux CLI adminitration and LEMP stack configuration
- Experience working with containerised Docker environments
- Strong face-to-face and written communication skills
What will you be doing in this role:
- Producing high-quality code to budget, with a commercial awareness.
- Maintaining existing websites and applications, enhancements and updates
- Scoping, planning and producing technical specifications of projects as part of a team
- Acting as technical lead on projects
- Guide and establish best practices within the team
- Communicate technical solutions at an appropriate level for a variety of audiences including clients
- Support and coach junior developers
Other opportunities in this role
- Help nurture a strong, happy team; supporting your colleagues by coaching, line managing, mentoring, reviewing and improving code
- Driving innovation and technological direction
- Travel the world to meet with clients
- Attend and present at global health conferences
- Contribute to proposals and pitches
Salary & benefits
£45,000 to £60,000 per annum (in line with experience)
- 25 days annual leave (plus two extra days over Christmas)
- 12 days for training per annum
- Flexible working
- Pension contributions
- Cycle2work scheme
- Opportunities to attend conferences and other events
To apply for this role please send us a copy of your CV together with a covering letter explaining why you would like to work at Manta Ray with your salary expectations.
No agencies, thank you.