We're looking for a talented UI/UX designer who is passionate about all things digital to join the team at Manta Ray, either in our London office or 100% remotely from a similar time zone, in a full or part-time capacity.
You'll be taking the lead on designing websites for our lovely, interesting clients in the UK, Europe, Africa and the US; organisations like the World Health Organisation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and the Global Fund. The sites you will design are content and data-rich so it's important they look great and are easy to use.
You will take the lead role on design direction and will be the creative force behind the look and feel of our work. You will have a good understanding of usability and interaction design principles, and the tools used to create beautiful and elegant website designs from scratch, as well as improving existing designs.
We're looking for someone who wants to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment to create intuitive, user-friendly websites.
Skills and requirements
- 2+ years experience in responsive UI design and UX
- Creative; ability to generate new design concepts
- Keen eye on typography, visual design, colours and balance
- Proficient using Figma (or similar tools, eg. Sketch)
- Solid understanding of UX design principles and practices
- Comfortable developing wireframes and task flows based on user needs
- Experience conducting usability testing (inc. prep, scripts and running)
- Happy to take the lead on gathering and evaluating design and user requirements, or in collaboration with other team members
- Well organised, ensuring the design systems and all design libraries are defined and up-to-date
- Strong face-to-face and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of accessibility standards
- Good time-management skills, able to manage their time and tasks well
- Able to work on own initiative
- Proficient using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Client facing experience, presenting ideas and defending design decisions
- App design experience
- Graduate qualifications in design or relevant field
What will you be doing in this role
- Working closely with the Director (responsible for creative) in a relatively fast-paced environment
- Producing high-quality responsive website designs to budget
- Preparing and presenting concepts and drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Brand and logo design
- Internal marketing materials and assets
- Quality assurance of implemented designs
- Join scoping meetings with clients
- Develop wireframes (mostly low-fidelity) and prototypes around user needs in design software (eg. Balsamiq)
- Familiarity with interaction design
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (eg. usability, responsiveness)
Other opportunities in this role
- Driving our innovation in design
- Create personas through user research
- Contribute to proposals and pitches
Salary & benefits
In line with experience
- 25 days annual leave (plus two extra days over Christmas)
- Office / Flexible / 100% remote working
- Pension contributions
- Cycle2work scheme
- Endless supply of fruit, tea and coffee (in the office)
- Opportunities to attend conferences and other events
- Early Friday finish (4pm ish)
To apply for this role please send us your CV and a link to your portfolio with a few sentences in your message explaining why you would like to work at Manta Ray with your salary expectations.
No agencies, thank you.