Manta Ray is looking for someone to administer our finances and keep the office running smoothly.
Finance Administrator and Office Manager
Manta Ray, London, Old Street / Shoreditch
Part time, permanent: 3-4 days per week
£20,000 to £28,000 FTE
We create elegant websites and build useful tech applications for people trying to make the world a better place.
And we enjoy what we do; providing global health organisations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The World Health Organisation and global research institutions with the technology they need to achieve their goals.
Working as their digital partner we offer a wide variety of services ranging from simple brochure websites to complex sites with data dashboards and system integrations.
We need your help to look after our finances and keep Manta Ray swimming smoothly and efficiently.
We’re looking for someone who is comfortable with the responsibility of overseeing the financial aspects of a small business and is happy to keep the office stocked with everything it needs to run smoothly.
Our aim is for you to overlap with Rachel (the current postholder), who will help train you on our systems and processes to ensure there is a smooth transition.
Get in touch
If this role interests you, we would love to hear from you. We’re a close-knit friendly team looking for someone who believes in what we do and wants to play an important role at Manta Ray.
Please email us at recruitment [at] mantaraymedia.co.uk with your CV and covering letter mentioning your suitability, what you think you’ll bring to this role and your availability for this position. And we’ll take it from there.
20 3815 7155
- Cash flow forecast - maintaining the forecast – currently using FloatApp synced with Xero – analysing and reviewing the forecast, reporting to Directors.
- Accounts – Keeping our accounts up-to-date daily using the Xero accounting software. Including:
- Recording all transactions, with correct assignment of codes
- Completing and submitting quarterly VAT returns to HMRC
- Preparing accounts for the year-end working alongside Manta Ray’s accountant
- Preparing and sending all invoices
- Chasing and ensuring all invoices are paid
- Maintaining invoice contact information
- Review bank statements daily
- Pay freelancers and other suppliers
- Pay staff
- Staff expenses
- Petty cash
- External providers:
- Pension - Managing pension provider and associated payments
- Payroll - Liaising with payroll provider
- Accountant – main point of contact and support for year-end
- Office supplies/purchases
- Client/supplier contracts
- Time tracking / project progress
- Assist with recruitment and induction
- Organising meetings, away days, interviews etc.
- Administering systems and software
- Filing and archiving
- General office duties
Skills & experience
- A professional background and relevant experience in a similar role
- Impressive organisational skills
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Personable and excellent written and spoken communication skills
- The ability to build a rapport and foster relationships with clients and suppliers
- Experience or qualification in using accounting software
- Competent with Word, Excel & Outlook
Desired, but not essential:
- Experience working in the digital industry
- Qualification in bookkeeping or similar Experience using Xero accounting software